Piazza Navona is one of the most beautiful and touristic squares in Rome. ''Baroque'' square of the city. Its origins are ancient, given that it stands on the ancient Stadium of Domitian, a space used in the 1st century AD for competitions and public games (from the Latin agonis). The square is, to all intents and purposes, an artistic, architectural and urban masterpiece. Its restructuring in the seventeenth century was commissioned by Pope Innocent X, and gave life to the square as we see it. In Piazza Navona stand the Fontana del Moro to the south of the square, sculpted by Giacomo della Porta and finished by Bernini, the Fountain of Neptune by Zappalà and Della Bitta to the north, and the Fountain of the Four Rivers, in the center of the square, dedicated to the Danube, the Ganges, the Nile and the Rio de la Plata, by Bernini. The obelisk on this fountain comes from the Circus of Maxentius on the Appian Way. There is also the Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone, a grandiose work by Borromini and Rainaldi. But the square is also home to important historic buildings, such as Palazzo Pamphilj, Palazzo De Torres-Lancellotti and Palazzo Tuccimei, a building to the right of the church, where a famous puppet theater was located between the 18th and 19th centuries. Piazza Navona is also famous for the traditional Epiphany market until January 6th. Between 1600 and 1800 the square was flooded in the summer recalling the naumachie of the Roman era and for public enjoyment.