One of the villas in Rome. Famous for gardens and sculptures. In ancient times it was a sanctuary dedicated to the Nymphs. The current arrangement dates back to the early 1900s, when it was purchased, after many changes of ownership over the centuries, by George Wurts, whose wife, in 1930 on the death of her husband, gave it to Mussolini with the condition that it remain a public park. It is still state property today and houses the Italian Institute of Germanic Studies. Statues and fountains adorn the villa, which has 122 rare tree species, 58 of which come from America and Asia. Of particular interest are the large iron Aviary, the Fountain of the Satyrs, the Fountain of Diana and Endymion, the Belvedere Fountain, the Casino Barberini, the Arboreal Esedra, the Turtle Fountain, the Snail Fountain, the Sphinx Fountain and the of the Putti.